The 2024 Graphite Design Tour AD SL is a lightweight, low-spin shaft designed for golfers with swing speeds of 60-85 mph. It is known for its forgiveness, ease of use, and ability to produce long, straight drives. The Tour AD SL is available in two models: the SL4 and the SL5. The SL4 is lighter and has a lower kick point than the SL5, making it a better choice for golfers with slower swing speeds. The SL5 is slightly heavier and has a higher kick point, making it a better choice for golfers with faster swing speeds.
- The Tour AD SL is made in Japan using high-quality materials.
- It is available in a variety of flexes to fit different swing speeds.
- The Tour AD SL comes with a one-year warranty.
Tour AD SL4
The Tour AD SL4 is the lighter of the two models, weighing in at 45 grams. It has a low kick point and a mid-high launch angle, which makes it a good choice for golfers with slower swing speeds. The Tour AD SL4 is also very forgiving, making it a good choice for golfers who struggle with accuracy. The Tour AD SL4 is available in flexes of RR2, R2, R1, and SR.
Tour AD SL5
The Tour AD SL5 is slightly heavier than the Tour AD SL4, weighing in at 57 grams. It has a higher kick point and a lower launch angle, which makes it a good choice for golfers with faster swing speeds. The Tour AD SL5 is also forgiving, but not as forgiving as the Tour AD SL4. The Tour AD SL5 is available in flexes of R2, R1, and SR.
Which Model is Right for You?
|Tour AD SL4
|Tour AD SL5
|RR2, R2, R1, SR
|R2, R1, SR
Ultimately, the best way to decide which model is right for you is to try them both out and see which one you prefer.
- Lightweight: The Tour AD SL is one of the lightest shafts on the market, weighing in at just 45 grams for the SL4 and 57 grams for the SL5. This makes it a great choice for golfers who are looking to increase their clubhead speed.
- Low spin: The Tour AD SL is designed to produce low spin, which helps to keep the ball in the air and produces longer drives.
- Forgiveness: The Tour AD SL is a forgiving shaft that can help to reduce the effects of mis-hits. This makes it a good choice for golfers who struggle with accuracy.
- Ease of use: The Tour AD SL is a very easy shaft to use. It is not too stiff or too soft, and it provides a good balance of control and forgiveness.
- Weight: 45 grams (SL4), 57 grams (SL5)
- Flex: RR2, R2, R1, SR
- Torque: 4.2 (SL4), 4.4 (SL5)
- Kick point: Low
- Launch angle: Mid-high
- Spin rate: Low
Pros and Cons
- Low spin
- Ease of use
- Good feel
- Not as stable as some other shafts
- Can be too light for some golfers
Here are some comments from golfers who have used the Graphite Design Tour AD SL shaft:
“I’ve been using the Tour AD SL for a few months now and I love it. It’s helped me to increase my clubhead speed and I’m hitting the ball longer and straighter than ever before.”
“The Tour AD SL is the most forgiving shaft I’ve ever used. I can mis-hit it and still get a good result.”
“The Tour AD SL is so easy to use. It’s not too stiff or too soft, and it gives me the perfect balance of control and forgiveness.”
The 2024 Graphite Design Tour AD SL is a great shaft for golfers with swing speeds of 60-85 mph. It is lightweight, low-spin, and forgiving, making it a good choice for golfers who are looking to increase their distance and accuracy. If you are a golfer who fits this description, I highly recommend giving the Tour AD SL a try.