Multi-Plateau Variable Face Thickness (MPFT) is a new face design technology that is featured in the Titleist TSR driver lineup. MPFT uses multiple thicknesses of face material to create a more forgiving and consistent ball flight.
Traditionally, golf club manufacturers have used a single thickness of face material in their drivers. This means that the ball speed on off-center hits is lower than it is on center hits. MPFT addresses this issue by using multiple thicknesses of face material.
The face of an MPFT driver is made up of several different layers of material. Each layer is a different thickness, and each layer has a different impact on ball speed. The outer layers of the face are thicker, and they help to protect the face from damage on off-center hits. The inner layers of the face are thinner, and they help to increase ball speed on center hits.
The result of MPFT is a driver that offers a more forgiving and consistent ball flight. On off-center hits, the thicker outer layers of the face help to protect the face from damage and keep the ball speed relatively high. On center hits, the thinner inner layers of the face help to increase ball speed and produce more distance.
Benefits of MPFT
There are several benefits to using MPFT in a driver. These benefits include:
- Increased forgiveness: MPFT helps to increase forgiveness on off-center hits by protecting the face from damage and keeping ball speed relatively high.
- Increased consistency: MPFT helps to increase consistency by producing a more consistent ball flight on both center and off-center hits.
- Increased distance: MPFT can help to increase distance by increasing ball speed on center hits.
- The MPFT face design is featured in all four models of the Titleist TSR driver lineup.
- The MPFT face design is made possible by the use of advanced materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Titleist has been a leader in the development of new face design technologies, and MPFT is the latest example of their innovation.
MPFT is a new face design technology that offers a number of benefits for golfers. If you are looking for a driver that is forgiving, consistent, and long, then you should consider a driver that features MPFT.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.